Welcome to Raicilla Dreams, please make yourself comfy....you will find many photos, anecdotes and tales of Yelapa told by amigos that lived there before electricity and before it was totally discovered by the tourist world. I welcome your own memories and photos.


Start at the very bottom with archives and work your way up if you want to follow the order I posted. Otherwise, just feel free to skip around and read what suits your fancy...faye

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Why Pichon, I asked Reyna?

He was called Pichon - we were los Pichones. It's cuz we were instructed by my father to stick close so we were following like a dove with babies. Or duck.
We were also inseparable as kids and they'd say we were like pigeons  - whatever that means - they were synonymous with doves but it's still a strange thing. 

We'd celebrate our birthdays together even though his was in June and while very young I remember a cake with doves on it all over - how strange because my father would not allow us to have any - it was for the guests - all adults there.

Oh, well - now I love dark chocolate and can have as much as I like - (same rules applied to chocolate - only 1/2 of one Carlos IV to share with my bro. I guess it could have been worse and I'd have no teeth now - dentures or something.