Welcome to Raicilla Dreams, please make yourself comfy....you will find many photos, anecdotes and tales of Yelapa told by amigos that lived there before electricity and before it was totally discovered by the tourist world. I welcome your own memories and photos.


Start at the very bottom with archives and work your way up if you want to follow the order I posted. Otherwise, just feel free to skip around and read what suits your fancy...faye

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Springtime

I returned last week from 3.5 months in Yelapa...the coldest winter ever! Dressed pretty much the same as I do here in Santa Cruz; silk long underwear, sweater, jacket, scarf, socks! What happened? We were all shuffling along in winter gear most of January and February.

One day I spent an hour + sitting in front of the stove while I baked potatoes so it wouldn't be a complete propane waste. Unbelievable. Living outside is a whole different scene when it's cold! I began to appreciate the level of discomfort the homeless must endure during the winters almost everywhere in our USA. It gave me a new insight, but didn't stop me from complaining.

I loved staying in Jan's house...although it was so open and windy and a tough climb. Once I was there, it was a very sweet place to stay. Those of you that ventured up for a visit know how cardio it was!

I added some photos by Jessica Geraldo Rice and also a poem and link to Susa Silvermarie who does some very nice writing on her blogs. Check them out.
More to come...
It's a bit overwhelming being home. I have a new mattress!!

Oh, for those of you asking....no, I did not find my silver beads at home. I am sure I brought them in my carry on pack...so either they were taken out at security and I missed it or someone took them from the casa. It's very upsetting and costly! The price of silver has skyrocketed and I probably won't be able to replace them!