Welcome to Raicilla Dreams, please make yourself comfy....you will find many photos, anecdotes and tales of Yelapa told by amigos that lived there before electricity and before it was totally discovered by the tourist world. I welcome your own memories and photos.


Start at the very bottom with archives and work your way up if you want to follow the order I posted. Otherwise, just feel free to skip around and read what suits your fancy...faye

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Still Catching My Breath

Thank you all for being so patient. I haven't had a moment to sit down and reflect on Yelapa from the Present, let alone the Past. Times are changing in Yelapa and yet everything is so much the same. When I look at the pictures you send it really takes me back to a more simple life before electricity; less people, less houses, less of everything. Was it better? 

Thanks to all who have helped me by taking the time to scan photos and send them along to me. I have photoshopped, cropped, dibbled and dabbed them to present to you as best I can. 

Beth Coffelt, we're still waiting for Part II of your story! I promise I'll add more from conversations I had with Patricia, Allen, and Guaco very soon, in the meantime, please enjoy all the new photos sent by Oliver Sturtz and David Berlin.

Keep them coming!