Welcome to Raicilla Dreams, please make yourself comfy....you will find many photos, anecdotes and tales of Yelapa told by amigos that lived there before electricity and before it was totally discovered by the tourist world. I welcome your own memories and photos.


Start at the very bottom with archives and work your way up if you want to follow the order I posted. Otherwise, just feel free to skip around and read what suits your fancy...faye

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Speaking of Pigs

I just got home from 2 weeks in Manhattan. The Big Apple is def the antithesis of Yelapa. Could there be anything more opposite? Uno momento....while waiting outside a theater in Brooklyn (Dumbo) I spotted 2 little pigs coming my way! First, I thought they were little fat dogs, but as they got closer to me, I realized, “Hey. those are pigs!” The little porkers were collared and unleashed casually trotting down the city street as if they'd done it dozens of times. As they got closer to the crowd waiting to enter the stage show, their owner got a little nervous and called them back by name. I couldn't hear what she called, but witnessed the two porcine pals turn around upon her command and trot back without a second thought. Well behaved, obviously well trained, I thought they'd be the perfect pet to bring to Yelapa, but I'd hate to see such a tasty little friend get stolen, grilled and then presented at Pollo Bollo next to a pile of chaote! PS: No lipstick!