Welcome to Raicilla Dreams, please make yourself comfy....you will find many photos, anecdotes and tales of Yelapa told by amigos that lived there before electricity and before it was totally discovered by the tourist world. I welcome your own memories and photos.


Start at the very bottom with archives and work your way up if you want to follow the order I posted. Otherwise, just feel free to skip around and read what suits your fancy...faye

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Crossed Stars

I was a few hours away from living on the trail. The casa I had rented was still not empty. Someone named DeeAnna was living there and NOT leaving on time. I was getting very frustrated as I waited impatiently for this princess to get o-u-t of my next living space. Finally, I heard she was going in an hour and I found myself face to face and being introduced at Chico's on the main beach. She looked up at me with those knowing eyes of hers and casually greeted me. I could hardly wait to see her leave! Nothing personal, mind you, I just wanted to move in to the house. That was our first meeting and subsequently, we met again the following year and became best friends. She later told me that she thought I had dark energy and mentioned this to Isabel. She wasn't sure about me but Isabel assured her that I was just fine. I guess my vibe about trail sleeping was too negative and Dee picked up on that. 

In this photo Dee is painting one of her famous colorful T-shirts. DeeAnna of Yelapa had figured out a way to survive in Mexico and sold them at Rita Tillet's Gallery Shop and venues in PV. You might even have one of those originals tucked away somewhere. Today DeeAnn is a well-known artist living and working in Santa Cruz and still one of my closest friends. Visit her website at www.dhooker.com .