Welcome to Raicilla Dreams, please make yourself comfy....you will find many photos, anecdotes and tales of Yelapa told by amigos that lived there before electricity and before it was totally discovered by the tourist world. I welcome your own memories and photos.


Start at the very bottom with archives and work your way up if you want to follow the order I posted. Otherwise, just feel free to skip around and read what suits your fancy...faye

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Pesos?

If you've spent even a minute on the main beach you have probably met this woman. She wanders around with her palm extended and a gap-toothed grin. Some people think she is from a wealthy family and just likes to beg for pesos. However, I think she is somewhat poor and really needs some extra money. I think her family is a little embarrassed by her constant begging and maybe ignores her needs. I don't really know. Her name is Agripina (please correct me on this if I'm wrong) and she looks exactly the same just add 30 years on to this photo. Sometimes she wanders out to the point and I can hear her shouting from the path at the top of the gate. She is persistent and along with pesos is always looking for some type of handout. She's friendly and seems to have a good sense of humor through it all. Agripina wants a hug just like the rest of us! If you have more information about her, please email me.